Macmillan Cancer Support s flagship event, the World s Biggest Coffee Morning took place on Friday September 29. This year was a huge success with coffee mornings throughout Essex. In its 16th year, coffee morning continues to grow with more and more peo
Macmillan Cancer Support's flagship event, the World's Biggest Coffee Morning took place on Friday September 29. This year was a huge success with coffee mornings throughout Essex.
In its 16th year, coffee morning continues to grow with more and more people hosting their own coffee mornings. The people of Essex have really picked up the pace this year - it has gone from the odd cuppa with a few friends, to wonderful elaborate full day events. They were happening everywhere in schools, halls, gardens, fire stations and in homes.
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has taken part in a coffee morning; we are so amazed from all the wonderful support we have received.
Last year we raised over £238,000 within the county, with this years success we are hoping to reach £270,000 - and I think it will happen.
It is wonderful what a difference a simple cup of coffee can make, helping to change the lives of people living with cancer. The money raised will help fund more Macmillan nurses and other health professionals, as well as more practical, emotional and financial help for people with cancer and their families throughout the county.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 2 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 3 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 4 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 5 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 8 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
- 9 KidzFair in Great Dunmow was a huge success for young entrepreneurs
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Essex Community Fundraiser