Macmillan Cancer Support s flagship event, the World s Biggest Coffee Morning took place on Friday September 29. This year was a huge success with coffee mornings throughout Essex. In its 16th year, coffee morning continues to grow with more and more peo
Macmillan Cancer Support's flagship event, the World's Biggest Coffee Morning took place on Friday September 29. This year was a huge success with coffee mornings throughout Essex.
In its 16th year, coffee morning continues to grow with more and more people hosting their own coffee mornings. The people of Essex have really picked up the pace this year - it has gone from the odd cuppa with a few friends, to wonderful elaborate full day events. They were happening everywhere in schools, halls, gardens, fire stations and in homes.
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has taken part in a coffee morning; we are so amazed from all the wonderful support we have received.
Last year we raised over £238,000 within the county, with this years success we are hoping to reach £270,000 - and I think it will happen.
You may also want to watch:
It is wonderful what a difference a simple cup of coffee can make, helping to change the lives of people living with cancer. The money raised will help fund more Macmillan nurses and other health professionals, as well as more practical, emotional and financial help for people with cancer and their families throughout the county.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
Essex Community Fundraiser