Macmillan Cancer Support s flagship event, the World s Biggest Coffee Morning took place on Friday September 29. This year was a huge success with coffee mornings throughout Essex. In its 16th year, coffee morning continues to grow with more and more peo
Macmillan Cancer Support's flagship event, the World's Biggest Coffee Morning took place on Friday September 29. This year was a huge success with coffee mornings throughout Essex.
In its 16th year, coffee morning continues to grow with more and more people hosting their own coffee mornings. The people of Essex have really picked up the pace this year - it has gone from the odd cuppa with a few friends, to wonderful elaborate full day events. They were happening everywhere in schools, halls, gardens, fire stations and in homes.
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has taken part in a coffee morning; we are so amazed from all the wonderful support we have received.
Last year we raised over £238,000 within the county, with this years success we are hoping to reach £270,000 - and I think it will happen.
You may also want to watch:
It is wonderful what a difference a simple cup of coffee can make, helping to change the lives of people living with cancer. The money raised will help fund more Macmillan nurses and other health professionals, as well as more practical, emotional and financial help for people with cancer and their families throughout the county.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 7 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
Essex Community Fundraiser