Calling for more recycling bins
I TOO really like my wheelie bins. They look so much better on the street on collection day than having lots of bin liners, which the cats and foxes have raided during the night. It is great it is collected on the same day too. I have always recycled t
I TOO really like my wheelie bins. They look so much better on the street on collection day than having lots of bin liners, which the cats and foxes have raided during the night. It is great it is collected on the same day too.
I have always recycled the cardboard and plastics and to my knowledge we were never supposed to be putting anything other than 1, 2, 3 in the green boxes.
I never used to recycle paper, I hated it when it rained half of it would all get stuck to the bottom of the box so I never bothered.
Now I don't have to worry about that as my wheelie bin has a lid. Also I now don't have to peel the labels off my tins!
The only complaint I have is that they are not big enough for our family.
After one week both the black and green bins are full so we are going to the skip twice a week but, saying that, I have spoken to the council and I am on the list to receiving another green and black bin, which
- 1 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 2 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 3 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 6 Sunday's event for the 100 year anniversary of village hall
- 7 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 'I'm proud of how far I've come' - Dunmow mum shares her weight loss experience
- 10 Pets' Corner news: Winter Walkies for St Clare
I've been told should be with me in the next couple of days!
I think the brown bins are too big. We are a family of six with a couple of toddlers and do produce a fair amount of wet waste but even I only use about four bio-degradable bags of waste which doesn't even come to a quarter of the way up the brown bin.
Last thing, I wish people didn't leave their bins in the street all the time.
I know some people don't have the space and it isn't these people I'm referring to.
There are a few people with lots of space who are still leaving them in the street all week - please put them away!
One last thing, I would just like to say well done to our dustman! They have had to put up with a fair bit of resilience in these last few months but they are still smiling!