Call to steal hearts and save lives
NO-ONE can be prepared for the impact heart disease can have on you or someone you know. Living with heart disease can be frightening and people don t always receive the support that they need. That s why the British Heart Foundation (BHF) aims to make s
NO-ONE can be prepared for the impact heart disease can have on you or someone you know.
Living with heart disease can be frightening and people don't always receive the support that they need. That's why the British Heart Foundation (BHF) aims to make sure that care is provided whenever and wherever it is needed.
With your help the BHF's Valentine Appeal is aiming to raise £1m to help fund BHF Heart Nurses and the charity's Heart Information Line, to support more heart patients and their families.
The BHF has a range of ways that you can support the appeal.
You may also want to watch:
STUCK ON YOU - You've probably seen them covering the windows of your local BHF shop and now the charity is giving you the chance to bring the love notes sensation into your workplace, school or group.
Order a free pack from the BHF and then for £1 your colleagues, students or friends can write their message on the heart shaped love note and stick it to the poster supplied. If you fill up the poster you could raise £50 or more for the Valentine Appeal.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
LOVE IS IN THE AIR - Whether you're mad about Madonna or crazy for Queen, the BHF music themed sweepstake poster is the perfect way to get involved in the appeal.
Just ask your friends or colleagues to pay £1 to guess which famous love song is concealed under the scratch off record on the poster.
With 50 songs to choose from everyone can get involved and the winner will receive a cash prize.
DO IT YOUR WAY - If you want to hold an event, from a coffee morning, to a car boot sale or Valentine's dance, then visit the campaign microsite to find what you need to get started.
There's a way for everyone to make a difference this Valentine's Day. For more details check out the website bhf.org.uk/valentine
Regional Director for Dunmow