SIR – The Dunmow / Uttlesford CAB greatly appreciates the letter of praise, which Ingrid Kraay wrote last week; however I would like to stress that the 400 bureau in England are independent charities. Yes, we do receive almost 60 percent of our funding f
SIR - The Dunmow / Uttlesford CAB greatly appreciates the letter of praise, which Ingrid
Kraay wrote last week; however I would like to stress that the 400 bureau in England are independent charities.
Yes, we do receive almost 60 percent of our funding from Uttlesford District Council. Their grant and the smaller amounts from other statutory bodies enables them to achieve some of their key objectives, which are set by central government.
Every year there is still a significant shortfall in our income. We have to raise the money somehow.
You may also want to watch:
We have a fund-raising committee, which organises events including collections outside Tesco where we raised £1000 thanks to the residents of Dunmow.
The rapid expansion of Dunmow and the surrounding area means our CAB will be increasing our opening hours. We will need funds for new equipment and we need to recruit a few more voluntary advisers. We are increasing our capacity to meet the demand and hope to hear of many more satisfied clients like Ingrid!
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
Chairman of Trustees