SIR – The Dunmow / Uttlesford CAB greatly appreciates the letter of praise, which Ingrid Kraay wrote last week; however I would like to stress that the 400 bureau in England are independent charities. Yes, we do receive almost 60 percent of our funding f
SIR - The Dunmow / Uttlesford CAB greatly appreciates the letter of praise, which Ingrid
Kraay wrote last week; however I would like to stress that the 400 bureau in England are independent charities.
Yes, we do receive almost 60 percent of our funding from Uttlesford District Council. Their grant and the smaller amounts from other statutory bodies enables them to achieve some of their key objectives, which are set by central government.
Every year there is still a significant shortfall in our income. We have to raise the money somehow.
You may also want to watch:
We have a fund-raising committee, which organises events including collections outside Tesco where we raised £1000 thanks to the residents of Dunmow.
The rapid expansion of Dunmow and the surrounding area means our CAB will be increasing our opening hours. We will need funds for new equipment and we need to recruit a few more voluntary advisers. We are increasing our capacity to meet the demand and hope to hear of many more satisfied clients like Ingrid!
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
Chairman of Trustees