SIR – The Dunmow / Uttlesford CAB greatly appreciates the letter of praise, which Ingrid Kraay wrote last week; however I would like to stress that the 400 bureau in England are independent charities. Yes, we do receive almost 60 percent of our funding f
SIR - The Dunmow / Uttlesford CAB greatly appreciates the letter of praise, which Ingrid
Kraay wrote last week; however I would like to stress that the 400 bureau in England are independent charities.
Yes, we do receive almost 60 percent of our funding from Uttlesford District Council. Their grant and the smaller amounts from other statutory bodies enables them to achieve some of their key objectives, which are set by central government.
Every year there is still a significant shortfall in our income. We have to raise the money somehow.
You may also want to watch:
We have a fund-raising committee, which organises events including collections outside Tesco where we raised £1000 thanks to the residents of Dunmow.
The rapid expansion of Dunmow and the surrounding area means our CAB will be increasing our opening hours. We will need funds for new equipment and we need to recruit a few more voluntary advisers. We are increasing our capacity to meet the demand and hope to hear of many more satisfied clients like Ingrid!
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 5 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
Chairman of Trustees