IT S 10am on Sunday morning, the sun is shining, it s a beautiful day outside yet we can t go out into the garden because my neighbour is having another bonfire (the last one was Friday at 2.30pm). I am a mum of five, one being a tiny baby and two with re
IT'S 10am on Sunday morning, the sun is shining, it's a beautiful day outside yet we can't go out into the garden because my neighbour is having another bonfire (the last one was Friday at 2.30pm).
I am a mum of five, one being a tiny baby and two with reflux, which means I have between four to six loads of washing to do a day. It's so ridiculous that I have to have the tumble dryer on in this lovely weather.
Unfortunately there are no rules in our district with regard to bonfires. I know it is impossible to go round everyone's house to let them know you are having one.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a 'silent rule' that you only had one after say 5pm. That way my washing wouldn't be on the line!
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns