Bin debate festers on
NOT wishing to raise the debate of wheelie bins yet again but after a month of these monstrosities I am definitely against them. Due to circumstances out of my control I was forced to keep them in my garage thanks to a pair of salt and pepper officials w
NOT wishing to raise the debate of wheelie bins yet again but after a month of these monstrosities I am definitely against them.
Due to circumstances out of my control I was forced to keep them in my garage thanks to a pair of salt and pepper officials who came around and harangued us to take them.
After depositing legitimate "food waste" into the correct bin on a Tuesday by Friday the bin had flies and all sorts of larvae producing insects hovering around, in and out of it. The stink was horrendous. So outside the bin went and I also placed highly smelly non-recyclable containers such as plastic fish wrappers into the correct bin on the same day. These bins are: a public health nuisance and will stay on the public highway!
I own my garage and the land that surrounds it so if the bins are the property of UDC they can stay on the highway which is also adopted by the UDC.
You may also want to watch:
Add to fact that we now have 'bin inspectors' to over see that the garbage we put into the bins is correct - another huge wage cost to our ever so money strapped council - then I'm afraid that the only prospective local candidate I will vote for is the one that guarantees that wheelie bins are placed firmly, once and for all, into Room 101.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Elsenham WI transfixed but can't work out magician's tricks