ON BEHALF of the Dunmow Events Committee may I say a sincere thank you to everyone who attended the Dunmow Carnival last month. It was probably the best in recent years and what a lovely trouble-free event it was. I would also like to thank everyone who
ON BEHALF of the Dunmow Events Committee may I say a sincere thank you to everyone who attended the Dunmow Carnival last month. It was probably the best in recent years and what a lovely trouble-free event it was.
I would also like to thank everyone who performed so well on the afternoon in the arena and on the stage whether amateur or professional, they were all great and of course the magnificent firework display as the climax to a super day.
The list of thank you's, as in previous years, goes on and on, but may I thank in special terms the unsung heroes who do so much for the event but receive little thanks.
I refer to: the bunting and PA system erectors and installers including Michael Hills; Jonathan Smith of Barnston who supplied the straw bales for seating; the air cadets and officers; town councillors; the emergency services and St John Ambulance; P & A Wood, Arthur Archer for supplying the mayor's transport; toilet monitor Dave Beadle; and the litter pickers.
You may also want to watch:
Next year's carnival will soon be in its embryonic stage and for anyone who would like to assist, please call Keith Wheatcroft on 01371 875300 or Claire Reeve on 01371 873768.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success