ON BEHALF of the Dunmow Events Committee may I say a sincere thank you to everyone who attended the Dunmow Carnival last month. It was probably the best in recent years and what a lovely trouble-free event it was. I would also like to thank everyone who
ON BEHALF of the Dunmow Events Committee may I say a sincere thank you to everyone who attended the Dunmow Carnival last month. It was probably the best in recent years and what a lovely trouble-free event it was.
I would also like to thank everyone who performed so well on the afternoon in the arena and on the stage whether amateur or professional, they were all great and of course the magnificent firework display as the climax to a super day.
The list of thank you's, as in previous years, goes on and on, but may I thank in special terms the unsung heroes who do so much for the event but receive little thanks.
I refer to: the bunting and PA system erectors and installers including Michael Hills; Jonathan Smith of Barnston who supplied the straw bales for seating; the air cadets and officers; town councillors; the emergency services and St John Ambulance; P & A Wood, Arthur Archer for supplying the mayor's transport; toilet monitor Dave Beadle; and the litter pickers.
Next year's carnival will soon be in its embryonic stage and for anyone who would like to assist, please call Keith Wheatcroft on 01371 875300 or Claire Reeve on 01371 873768.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 7 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use