ON BEHALF of the Dunmow Events Committee may I say a sincere thank you to everyone who attended the Dunmow Carnival last month. It was probably the best in recent years and what a lovely trouble-free event it was. I would also like to thank everyone who
ON BEHALF of the Dunmow Events Committee may I say a sincere thank you to everyone who attended the Dunmow Carnival last month. It was probably the best in recent years and what a lovely trouble-free event it was.
I would also like to thank everyone who performed so well on the afternoon in the arena and on the stage whether amateur or professional, they were all great and of course the magnificent firework display as the climax to a super day.
The list of thank you's, as in previous years, goes on and on, but may I thank in special terms the unsung heroes who do so much for the event but receive little thanks.
I refer to: the bunting and PA system erectors and installers including Michael Hills; Jonathan Smith of Barnston who supplied the straw bales for seating; the air cadets and officers; town councillors; the emergency services and St John Ambulance; P & A Wood, Arthur Archer for supplying the mayor's transport; toilet monitor Dave Beadle; and the litter pickers.
You may also want to watch:
Next year's carnival will soon be in its embryonic stage and for anyone who would like to assist, please call Keith Wheatcroft on 01371 875300 or Claire Reeve on 01371 873768.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?