MORE edge of town shops is a very bad idea, as your front page says, but the limited space for more in the town centre is the Uttlesford District Council s mistake. In spite of comments on the planning application that there should be more shops in the d
MORE edge of town shops is a very bad idea, as your front page says, but the limited space for more in the town centre is the Uttlesford District Council's mistake.
In spite of comments on the planning application that there should be more shops in the development now happening behind the High Street their Development Control Committee gave in to the developers, allowing 71 more houses and flats and only four new shops.
Any need for houses could be met at the edge of town, but the centre should have been kept for shops.
I think to correct this, the district council should buy some of these houses and give themselves permission to change them into enough shops with parking that none will be needed out of town.
Counting House Lane
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 5 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 6 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 7 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 10 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district