MORE edge of town shops is a very bad idea, as your front page says, but the limited space for more in the town centre is the Uttlesford District Council s mistake. In spite of comments on the planning application that there should be more shops in the d
MORE edge of town shops is a very bad idea, as your front page says, but the limited space for more in the town centre is the Uttlesford District Council's mistake.
In spite of comments on the planning application that there should be more shops in the development now happening behind the High Street their Development Control Committee gave in to the developers, allowing 71 more houses and flats and only four new shops.
Any need for houses could be met at the edge of town, but the centre should have been kept for shops.
I think to correct this, the district council should buy some of these houses and give themselves permission to change them into enough shops with parking that none will be needed out of town.
You may also want to watch:
Counting House Lane
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary