MORE edge of town shops is a very bad idea, as your front page says, but the limited space for more in the town centre is the Uttlesford District Council s mistake. In spite of comments on the planning application that there should be more shops in the d
MORE edge of town shops is a very bad idea, as your front page says, but the limited space for more in the town centre is the Uttlesford District Council's mistake.
In spite of comments on the planning application that there should be more shops in the development now happening behind the High Street their Development Control Committee gave in to the developers, allowing 71 more houses and flats and only four new shops.
Any need for houses could be met at the edge of town, but the centre should have been kept for shops.
I think to correct this, the district council should buy some of these houses and give themselves permission to change them into enough shops with parking that none will be needed out of town.
Counting House Lane
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 7 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford