MORE edge of town shops is a very bad idea, as your front page says, but the limited space for more in the town centre is the Uttlesford District Council s mistake. In spite of comments on the planning application that there should be more shops in the d
MORE edge of town shops is a very bad idea, as your front page says, but the limited space for more in the town centre is the Uttlesford District Council's mistake.
In spite of comments on the planning application that there should be more shops in the development now happening behind the High Street their Development Control Committee gave in to the developers, allowing 71 more houses and flats and only four new shops.
Any need for houses could be met at the edge of town, but the centre should have been kept for shops.
I think to correct this, the district council should buy some of these houses and give themselves permission to change them into enough shops with parking that none will be needed out of town.
You may also want to watch:
Counting House Lane
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert