BAA running scared?
WE know that BAA is running scared when its Head of Public Affairs at Stansted has to write to local papers asking for support for their application to build a second runway (Postbag, Broadcast, August 28). But on one point he is right – if you wish to c
WE know that BAA is running scared when its Head of Public Affairs at Stansted has to write to local papers asking for support for their application to build a second runway (Postbag, Broadcast, August 28).
But on one point he is right - if you wish to comment on their planning application then you should write to Uttlesford District Council, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER or e-mail email@example.com by September 26.
You may want to bring up some of the issues not mentioned by Ashley Riley such as the massive physical destruction of communities, buildings, lanes, woods and top quality agricultural land, the massive expansion of urbanisation from more houses, offices, hotels, warehouses, car parks etc, the destruction of the tranquillity of Hatfield Forest, and the resulting massive increase in global warming gases that would go against all Government policies to reduce damaging climate change.
You might even want to mention more noise from overflying, more road traffic congestion, more overcrowded trains, more pressure on the region's already inadequate water supplies, more air pollution, more pressure on night flights, more damage to the region's tourist industry, increased deficit in the country's balance of payments and a significant lowering of the quality of life in this region.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Riding, Castle Street, Saffron Walden
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease