BAA running scared?
WE know that BAA is running scared when its Head of Public Affairs at Stansted has to write to local papers asking for support for their application to build a second runway (Postbag, Broadcast, August 28). But on one point he is right – if you wish to c
WE know that BAA is running scared when its Head of Public Affairs at Stansted has to write to local papers asking for support for their application to build a second runway (Postbag, Broadcast, August 28).
But on one point he is right - if you wish to comment on their planning application then you should write to Uttlesford District Council, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26.
You may want to bring up some of the issues not mentioned by Ashley Riley such as the massive physical destruction of communities, buildings, lanes, woods and top quality agricultural land, the massive expansion of urbanisation from more houses, offices, hotels, warehouses, car parks etc, the destruction of the tranquillity of Hatfield Forest, and the resulting massive increase in global warming gases that would go against all Government policies to reduce damaging climate change.
You might even want to mention more noise from overflying, more road traffic congestion, more overcrowded trains, more pressure on the region's already inadequate water supplies, more air pollution, more pressure on night flights, more damage to the region's tourist industry, increased deficit in the country's balance of payments and a significant lowering of the quality of life in this region.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Riding, Castle Street, Saffron Walden
- 1 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 8 Essex A&E waiting times: fears raised about winter as 'NHS really struggling'
- 9 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 10 Be there for seasonal Apple and Bees Day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge