Astonished by market move
I was astonished to read the article in the Broadcast about the intended move of the weekly market to Market Place. I live on The Downs, which will be affected. Since moving here from London over six years ago, the traffic in The Downs has increased a l
I was astonished to read the article in the Broadcast about the intended move of the weekly market to Market Place.
I live on The Downs, which will be affected. Since moving here from London over six years ago, the traffic in The Downs has increased a lot, plus we have had cottages built which has caused a blind spot.
So the danger getting out of your own driveway has increased. I have already had an accident this March (my first ever) getting out of my driveway, a Jag doing about 45mph hit me and both cars were damaged.
Obviously The Downs is a 'rat run', and unfortunately the increase of houses in the area, has also increased the traffic. Since the school has moved, the 30 mph signs have also been moved.
You may also want to watch:
I have tried several times to contact UDC and Essex CC and even e-mailed local MPs for a mirror or something to slow the traffic down, but no one has ever got back to me.
It feels like the UDC does not care. They are a law unto themselves and will do whatever they want to do.
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Numbers seeking support double - can you help Uttlesford foodbank?
To have this market moved would just make matters worse.
Several of us on The Downs park across the road, but the police are now putting a stop to this. We are in a no win situation.
I lived in London for 32 years and our local MPs there would put the UDC to shame. When I first moved to Great Dunmow, I felt privileged to live here, but I feel very disillusioned now.
Mrs P Hill, The Downs, Great Dunmow