MAY I point out to Derek Winter, regarding his letter Air Support in the Broadcast on November 2, that when I complain about the noise from overflying planes I do everything I can to stop further growth of Stansted Airport. I am not scaremongering, I am
MAY I point out to Derek Winter, regarding his letter 'Air Support' in the Broadcast on November 2, that when I complain about the noise from overflying planes I do everything I can to stop further growth of Stansted Airport.
I am not scaremongering, I am just trying to hang on to the last vestiges of what was, when I moved here 29 years ago, a beautiful and peaceful place to live.
Mr Winter claims he is one of the silent majority who supports Stansted Airport and that he was one of a number who spoke in favour of UDC agreeing to BAA application to grow beyond 25mppa.
Yes, I remember you Mr Winter. I was there for the whole of that week of public presentation. If there is a silent majority who supports Stansted's growth, they were not in the council chamber.
You may also want to watch:
Those of us who don't want further growth made an effort to attend and make our views known.
As you live in Elsenham, you cannot understand the misery created by the noise of aircraft for those who live under the flightpath, especially those of us who live near to the end of the runway.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
There is an airport at Stansted. It is going to grow. We must cope with that. Don't make it any worse.