MAY I point out to Derek Winter, regarding his letter Air Support in the Broadcast on November 2, that when I complain about the noise from overflying planes I do everything I can to stop further growth of Stansted Airport. I am not scaremongering, I am
MAY I point out to Derek Winter, regarding his letter 'Air Support' in the Broadcast on November 2, that when I complain about the noise from overflying planes I do everything I can to stop further growth of Stansted Airport.
I am not scaremongering, I am just trying to hang on to the last vestiges of what was, when I moved here 29 years ago, a beautiful and peaceful place to live.
Mr Winter claims he is one of the silent majority who supports Stansted Airport and that he was one of a number who spoke in favour of UDC agreeing to BAA application to grow beyond 25mppa.
Yes, I remember you Mr Winter. I was there for the whole of that week of public presentation. If there is a silent majority who supports Stansted's growth, they were not in the council chamber.
Those of us who don't want further growth made an effort to attend and make our views known.
As you live in Elsenham, you cannot understand the misery created by the noise of aircraft for those who live under the flightpath, especially those of us who live near to the end of the runway.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 3 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 4 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 5 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 6 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 7 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 8 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
There is an airport at Stansted. It is going to grow. We must cope with that. Don't make it any worse.