MAY I point out to Derek Winter, regarding his letter Air Support in the Broadcast on November 2, that when I complain about the noise from overflying planes I do everything I can to stop further growth of Stansted Airport. I am not scaremongering, I am
MAY I point out to Derek Winter, regarding his letter 'Air Support' in the Broadcast on November 2, that when I complain about the noise from overflying planes I do everything I can to stop further growth of Stansted Airport.
I am not scaremongering, I am just trying to hang on to the last vestiges of what was, when I moved here 29 years ago, a beautiful and peaceful place to live.
Mr Winter claims he is one of the silent majority who supports Stansted Airport and that he was one of a number who spoke in favour of UDC agreeing to BAA application to grow beyond 25mppa.
Yes, I remember you Mr Winter. I was there for the whole of that week of public presentation. If there is a silent majority who supports Stansted's growth, they were not in the council chamber.
You may also want to watch:
Those of us who don't want further growth made an effort to attend and make our views known.
As you live in Elsenham, you cannot understand the misery created by the noise of aircraft for those who live under the flightpath, especially those of us who live near to the end of the runway.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
There is an airport at Stansted. It is going to grow. We must cope with that. Don't make it any worse.