Having viewed the BBC news this week, I was compelled to write the attached. I now live in Oxfordshire (having lived near Great Dunmow for many years) and often visit my family who live near Dunmow. I am dismayed at the prospect of the expansion of the
Having viewed the BBC news this week, I was compelled to write the attached. I now live in Oxfordshire (having lived near Great Dunmow for many years) and often visit my family who live near Dunmow.
I am dismayed at the prospect of the expansion of the airport. I know you must receive so many letters etc, but if you have a small space in your paper, you may wish to include this.
You may also want to watch:
Stop Stansted Expansion
Confusion and conflicting messages we get,
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
The Government, "flavour of the day" they select
We are told to recycle, paper, tins we all sort,
But the very next day, expansion, Stansted Airport!
We are told to share cars, and not to drive far
Yet the MPs, discuss, more runways! Bizarre!
What is your message? Can you please make it clear?
Thought you wanted us to reduce our carbon footprint each year?
It's all down to money, and the golden handshake
BAA isn't concerned, more money they make!
Another 10 million passengers, numbers explode!
More pollution, not just flying, extra traffic on the road!!
In years to come, MPs will realise their mistake
But with the land paved with concrete, it will be too late!
'Green Taxes' in abundance? A reduction in flights?
So 'Stop Stansted Expansion'! We'll continue the fight!