Having viewed the BBC news this week, I was compelled to write the attached. I now live in Oxfordshire (having lived near Great Dunmow for many years) and often visit my family who live near Dunmow. I am dismayed at the prospect of the expansion of the
Having viewed the BBC news this week, I was compelled to write the attached. I now live in Oxfordshire (having lived near Great Dunmow for many years) and often visit my family who live near Dunmow.
I am dismayed at the prospect of the expansion of the airport. I know you must receive so many letters etc, but if you have a small space in your paper, you may wish to include this.
You may also want to watch:
Stop Stansted Expansion
Confusion and conflicting messages we get,
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again
The Government, "flavour of the day" they select
We are told to recycle, paper, tins we all sort,
But the very next day, expansion, Stansted Airport!
We are told to share cars, and not to drive far
Yet the MPs, discuss, more runways! Bizarre!
What is your message? Can you please make it clear?
Thought you wanted us to reduce our carbon footprint each year?
It's all down to money, and the golden handshake
BAA isn't concerned, more money they make!
Another 10 million passengers, numbers explode!
More pollution, not just flying, extra traffic on the road!!
In years to come, MPs will realise their mistake
But with the land paved with concrete, it will be too late!
'Green Taxes' in abundance? A reduction in flights?
So 'Stop Stansted Expansion'! We'll continue the fight!