Having viewed the BBC news this week, I was compelled to write the attached. I now live in Oxfordshire (having lived near Great Dunmow for many years) and often visit my family who live near Dunmow. I am dismayed at the prospect of the expansion of the
Having viewed the BBC news this week, I was compelled to write the attached. I now live in Oxfordshire (having lived near Great Dunmow for many years) and often visit my family who live near Dunmow.
I am dismayed at the prospect of the expansion of the airport. I know you must receive so many letters etc, but if you have a small space in your paper, you may wish to include this.
Stop Stansted Expansion
Confusion and conflicting messages we get,
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 6 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 7 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
The Government, "flavour of the day" they select
We are told to recycle, paper, tins we all sort,
But the very next day, expansion, Stansted Airport!
We are told to share cars, and not to drive far
Yet the MPs, discuss, more runways! Bizarre!
What is your message? Can you please make it clear?
Thought you wanted us to reduce our carbon footprint each year?
It's all down to money, and the golden handshake
BAA isn't concerned, more money they make!
Another 10 million passengers, numbers explode!
More pollution, not just flying, extra traffic on the road!!
In years to come, MPs will realise their mistake
But with the land paved with concrete, it will be too late!
'Green Taxes' in abundance? A reduction in flights?
So 'Stop Stansted Expansion'! We'll continue the fight!