I FIND Jane Howson s comments quite frankly racist. Is she implying that jobs at Stansted should only be for white English people. It s that sort of ignorance that gives this country a bad name. Surely the best person at the end of the day gets the job –
I FIND Jane Howson's comments quite frankly racist. Is she implying that jobs at Stansted should only be for white English people.
It's that sort of ignorance that gives this country a bad name. Surely the best person at the end of the day gets the job - you can't say that all jobs at the airport have to be for local people, it should be for anyone that wants to work there.
My daughter went to the annual airport jobs fair and came back with quite a few avenues she is interested in.
The airport is a huge employer and offers job security, which is now rare.
At least the 'competition' (as you put it) are using public transport to get to the airport cutting down on carbon emissions, how does your daughter get to work Mrs Howson? More thought from you before making insulting jibes at hard working foreign nationals would be advisable.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence