A light poem
TO DO our best for global warming, We have to make a start, But why turn Dunmow s lights off? This leaves me in the dark. So burglars, muggers do not plot, We can t announce the date, We ll have to man the police station, On overtime till late. Dunmow s
TO DO our best for global warming,
We have to make a start,
But why turn Dunmow's lights off?
This leaves me in the dark.
You may also want to watch:
So burglars, muggers do
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 4 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 5 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 6 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
- 7 Burglars break into Co-op store
- 8 New intake of junior doctors at Broomfield Hospital
- 9 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 10 In pictures: Record numbers enter Stansted in Bloom
We can't announce the date,
We'll have to man the police station,
On overtime 'till late.
Dunmow's frail and elderly,
We'll leave them to their fate.
To remind them what it's
like to live,
In nineteen forty- eight.
The rest must purchase flashlights,
Made in sweatshops in Beijing,
Then flown to Stansted Airport,
To stop global warming?
So here is my suggestion,
To keep the damage slight.
By all means let us do the trial,
But do it when it's light.