A light poem
TO DO our best for global warming, We have to make a start, But why turn Dunmow s lights off? This leaves me in the dark. So burglars, muggers do not plot, We can t announce the date, We ll have to man the police station, On overtime till late. Dunmow s
TO DO our best for global warming,
We have to make a start,
But why turn Dunmow's lights off?
This leaves me in the dark.
You may also want to watch:
So burglars, muggers do
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
We can't announce the date,
We'll have to man the police station,
On overtime 'till late.
Dunmow's frail and elderly,
We'll leave them to their fate.
To remind them what it's
like to live,
In nineteen forty- eight.
The rest must purchase flashlights,
Made in sweatshops in Beijing,
Then flown to Stansted Airport,
To stop global warming?
So here is my suggestion,
To keep the damage slight.
By all means let us do the trial,
But do it when it's light.