Autumn brings a rich golden hue to the countryside, it signals the start of lazy nights by the fire and offers a whole season of fun.
As October draws to a close, school children and teachers will be embarking on a well-earned week off, giving them time to explore the seasonal delights of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex. Whether it is indoor play away from the autumn chill or enjoying the various firework displays.
With Hallowe'en falling in the middle of this year's half-term break, children will be able to delve feet first into the age-old tradition of fancy dress and gruesome fun.
As the week draws to close, bonfire night celebrations will get underway with a bang. Across the region there will be firework displays of varying scales, allowing families to be captivated by explosions of colour against the dark, autumn skies in a safe, controlled environment.
View our listings below of all the bonfire night celebrations taking place near you!
To tell us about a Hallowe'en or bonfire night celebration, email Catherine Gill.
Guy Fawkes Events
- Billericay Round Table Fireworks Display. 44th Annual Fireworks Display. Huge bonfire, 21k firework display, live roadshows from Heart FM. Food & drink available. When: Saturday November 2 2013. Where: Lake Meadows Park, Billericay, CM12 0AQ. Time: From 5.30pm. Tickets: Pre- Tickets (discounted) £4 for 5-15 yrs and senior citizens. Rises to £4.50 online, and £5 on the night. 16 and over prices start from £6 pre-sales, online £6.50 and on the night £7. Under 4 is free. Website: www.billericayfireworks.co.uk
- Chelmsford Fireworks 2013. The largest charity fireworks display in Chelmsford. When: Saturday November 2 2013. Where:Admirals Park, Rainsford Road, CM1 2PJ. Time: From 6pm. Fireworks at 7.30pm Tickets: £6 for adults, £4 for children (5-16yrs), £16 for family ticket.
- Fireworks at Clacton Pier. Entertainment, games, prizes and radio roadshows with live bands. When: Saturday November 2 2013. Where: Clacton Pier. Time and prices unknown.
- Danbury Fireworks. Beer tent, food & drink stalls. Family funfair starts at 5.30pm and bonfire lighting at 7.15pm. When: Saturday November 2 2013. Where: Danbury Outdoors, A414 Danbury, Essex, CM3 4DT. Time: From 5.30pm. Tickets: Pre- Tickets (discounted) available from October in local Co-Op stores Chelmsford, Danbury, Ingatestone, Hatfield Peveral. Tickets available on the evening, Please check website for ticket prices.Website: www.danburyfireworks.org.uk Telephone: 07792 963498
- Great Bardfield Fireworks Night. Licensed bar, food and music. Sparklers not allowed. When: Saturday November 9 2013. Where: Great Bardfield Recreation Ground. Time: Gates open from 5.30pm. Performance starts at 7pm. Prices: Advanced tickets available up to the 8th November from Great Bardfield Co-Op. £5 adults - one child goes free with every adult ticket bought in advance. On the gate: £5 for adults, £2 per child.
- Dunmow Round Table Fireworks Display. Bonfire night treats, BBQ available, hot food and entertainment. When: Saturday November 2 2013. Where: Great Dunmow Recreation Ground, CM6 2AA. Time: Gates open from 6.15pm. Fireworks to start at 7pm. Prices: Pay on gate. £3 adults, £2 children, £10 family of 5. Full details on www.great-dunmow-and-district.roundtable.co.uk
- Linton Fireworks Display. Now in it's 24th year! Fireworks display, refreshment tent, guy competition, BBQ. When: Saturday November 9 2013. Where: Fields behind Linton Infants School, Linton, Cambridge. Time: Gates open 6pm, bonfire lit at 6.30pm, display starts at 7pm. Prices: Advance £10 for a family of five (two adults, three children), £4 for an individual. On the gate are £12 and £5 respectively. All profits go to local schools.
- Saffron Walden Round Table Fireworks Display. When: Saturday November 2 2013. Where: Saffron Walden Common. Time: From 6pm, fireworks start at 7pm. Prices: FREE
Do you have a Fireworks Listing? Send in your listings to firstname.lastname@example.org