Uttlesford’s voluntary organisations urged to apply for community project grants
PUBLISHED: 08:59 04 April 2014
Application forms for a community project grant scheme are now available.
Grant awards will be made by Uttlesford District Council to properly constituted voluntary organisations or similar bodies in the district such as village hall committees, community shops, town and parish councils, community associations, play and recreation clubs and groups.
The funding can enable them to build facilities, pay for training, carry out renovations, or complete countless other projects.
Cllr Howard Rolfe, cabinet member for communities, partnerships and engagement, said: “This is an opportunity for the council to continue its support for the community groups within the district who provide such a valuable service to residents.
“I am pleased that we are able to offer these grants again and I urge the groups to come forward to apply.”
Grants will be considered for expenditure incurred in the provision of any of the following:
• Development of land for recreational purposes, including environmental improvements.
• Buildings/facilities that are available for community use e.g. village halls, community centres, public conveniences etc.
• Car Parks and access roads to car parks directly associated with a community use building.
• Children’s play areas, including equipment and safety surfacing.
• Improvement, refurbishment or extension to any of the facilities outlined above.
• Essential equipment that contributes significantly to the aims and objectives of the project.
• Training or a one-off staffing cost that contributes significantly to the development of the project or increases benefit to the community. (Wages and Salaries cannot be paid)
Projects must be started after April 1, 2014 and completed before March 20, 2015. The minimum grant available is £100 and the maximum is £3,500.
If the application is for more than £1,000 the amount raised by the applicant must represent at least 50 per cent of the total project cost. In the case of an application for less than £1,000 the applicant must have raised 25 per cent.
For an application form or information, visit uttlesford.gov.uk/communitygrants, or contact the Sue Hayden, community development officer on 01799 510563 or firstname.lastname@example.org