Two people have been taken to hospital after suspected chemical inhalation at Hertfordshire school

13:29 28 February 2014

Two parents have been taken to hospital after complaints of bronchial inflammation due to suspected chemical inhalation.

The ambulance service was called to an incident at around 11.15am today (February 28) at St Mary’s Catholic School, in Bishops Stortford after receiving up to 33 reports.

The Trust has a number of resources on scene including the hazardous area response team, two paramedic response cars, two ambulance officers, an ambulance and a community first responder.

The first response was on scene in five minutes with an ambulance being on scene within nine minutes. Two patients have been taken to hospital – two adults both with minor conditions.

Officers are currently treating those who are still at the scene, with seven patients with minor complaints.

0 comments

10:00
A large number of parents and toddlers turned out to celebrate 20 years of Buffy Bus.

Toddlers and their parents celebrated the 20th birthday of Uttlesford’s only playbus, by getting on board last Thursday with Buffy balloons and the eating of a blue, vehicular cake.

09:00
Dave Sissens, 40, of High Roding, is following up his trek to the North Pole for charity by running 13 marathons back-to-back.

Two years after raising £28,000 for charity by hiking to the North Pole, a High Roding man is to take his latest crazy feat of endurance – 13 marathons back-to-back from Paris to London.

Yesterday, 16:23

A police investigation has been launched into an ongoing spate of destruction at a farm in Little Dunmow, where land continues to be ravaged by vandals driving over crops and causing thousands of pounds worth of damage.

Yesterday, 18:23
District councillor for Thaxted, Martin Foley, said

“People power” and canine resistance have been called upon to oppose the latest application to build 100 houses in Thaxted.

E-edition

Most read stories