Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
PUBLISHED: 17:01 22 May 2017 | UPDATED: 17:14 22 May 2017
A number of items of jewellery were stolen from a home in Thaxted on Friday, May 12, and police are trying to locate a black car seen in the area at the time.
A gold necklace, gold bracelet, silver watch, ‘gun-metal’ grey watch and ring were taken in the burglary at a house near Copthall Lane. A black bag was also taken. Detectives are trying to locate a black car, which could have the registration LC56 CWB, which was seen in the vicinity at the time of the burglary.
• Cash, a bottle of spirits and several bottles of beer were stolen from a premises in Tilekiln Green, Great Hallingbury, between 6am and 2.22pm on May 12.
• Damage was caused to a beehive in Ashdon Road, Saffron Walden, between 9.30am on May 3 and 5.40pm on May 13. A plastic barrel was thrown at one of the victim’s beehives, causing it to fall over. The wooden casing was damaged and some of the bees were killed.
• A purse was stolen from a victim’s bag in Thaxted Road, Saffron Walden, between midday and 2.25pm on May 13.
• Various hand tools were stolen from a van parked at Stoney Common, Stansted, between 8pm on May 12 and 9.40am on May 13.
• Fuel was stolen from a black Skoda Fabia after thieves punctured two holes in the fuel tank. The car was parked at Mill Road in Henham and the incident was reported to police on May 14 at 3.20pm.
• A bicycle was stolen from outside a property in Manor Road, Stansted, between 6.30pm on May 11 and 7pm on May 14.
• Two foam fire extinguishers were stolen from the back yard of the victim’s property in High Street, Saffron Walden, between 7pm on May 12 and 10.50am on May 13. The extinguishers were later found abandoned in a street emptied of their contents.
• A window box was stolen from the victim’s lounge in East Street, Saffron Walden, between 1pm on May 14 and 5.10pm on May 15.
• Items were stolen from a garage at Cox Hill, Great Easton, after thieves forced open the garage door. The theft took place between 9am on May 14 and 11pm on May 15.
• Thieves broke into a secure yard at Jenkins Drive, Elsenham, by removing a fence panel to take items. The incident took place between midnight on May 15 and 3.25pm on May 16.
• The outer pane of a double-glazed window at the back of a house in School Lane, Takeley, was smashed before the suspects made off. The incident was reported at 9am on May 16.
• The front and back number plates to a brown Ford Mondeo, parked at Sycamore Close, Takeley, were stolen between midnight on May 13 and 5pm on May 16.
• The back number plate from a victim’s Fiat 500 was stolen between 6pm on May 16 and 3.15pm on May 17.
• Thieves jemmied the back door to break into a home in Auton Croft, Saffron Walden, and stole jewellery from an upstairs bedroom. The burglary took place between 2.35pm and 2.48pm on May 17.
• A handbag was taken from the 42A bus between Barnston and Stansted Airport at around 2.30pm on May 18.
• A red Honda quad bike was stolen from a barn in Little Sampford between 5pm on May 18 and 10.47am on May 19.
Any information about these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.