June 19 2013 Latest news:
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
A SAFFRON Walden man who died following a chemical incident at his home has been named.
Essex Coroner’s Office has opened and adjourned an inquest into the death of Mark Morgan, of Ashdon Road, to allow further enquiries into the cause of death to take place.
Mr Morgan died on Thursday, February 14. Emergency services were called to his home and firefighters discovered that the deadly chemical sodium azide had been released into the house.
Police said the incident was not being treated as suspicious but a post mortem the following day could not establish the precise cause of death.
No date has been set for the next hearing.