June 20 2013 Latest news:
Friday, February 15, 2013
A MAN has died following a ‘chemical incident’ at a Saffron Walden home last night.
Essex Fire and Resuce Service’s Detection, Identification and Monitoring (DIM) Vehicle confirmed that an amount of Sodium Azide had been released in the property on Ashdon Road.
A spokesman for the service said: “A full decontamination unit with showers was established but fears that other people had been contaminated proved unfounded.
“Firefighters in gas tight suits assisted Essex Police and ambulance crews in recovering the man’s body.”
Firefighters were called to the scene at around 8.40am and had completed their work by 2am, leaving the scene in the care of the police.
More to follow...