Four cats rescued from kitchen fire in Hatfield Heath

15:28 18 December 2013


Four cats had to be rescued from a kitchen fire in Hatfield Heath.

Firefighters were called to a bungalow in The Close, Broomfields, on Monday (December 16).

The crew quickly extinguished the blaze, which started in the kitchen, and rescued the four cats from the heavily smoke logged property.

A woman was left in the care of the ambulance service.


More news stories

Yesterday, 08:00
Chris Turton with his wife, Jane at the end of the 91-mile cycle route.

Dunmow café-owner, Chris Turton cycled 91 miles on Sunday raising over £600 for Dunmow and District Stroke Support Group.

Yesterday, 07:00
The mushroom seating at Reeve Road.

Residents of a Stansted community are happy after hearing that some play equipment that was removed last week will be reinstalled.

Fri, 17:20
Dunmow Macmillan

Dunmow’s Town Crier, Richard Harris, summoned the townspeople of Dunmow to the Macmillan Coffee Morning at the “Cafe Beyond the Alley” on Friday (September 25).

Fri, 17:05
Gwen celebrates her 100th birthday with her daughter Monica Gardner (right), granddaughter Amanda Woolmer, grandson Mark Gardner and great-granddaughter Grace-Rose Gardner.

A great-great-grandmother from Great Dunmow has celebrated her 100th birthday.

Digital Edition

Read the Dunmow Broadcast e-edition E-edition

Most read stories