Dunmow lifting and shipping company is praised by the Ministry of Defence for its support

PUBLISHED: 10:28 31 August 2017

Containerlift has been recognised for its committment to The Defence Employment Recognition Scheme. Picture: CONTAINERLIFT

Containerlift has been recognised for its committment to The Defence Employment Recognition Scheme. Picture: CONTAINERLIFT

Archant

A Dunmow-based company is celebrating after being presented with a prestigious award by the Ministry of Defence.

Containerlift has been praised for its commitment to The Defence Employment Recognition Scheme – an initiative which encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same.

The lifting and shipping company scooped a bronze award after showing their support by employing a number of ex-forces personnel.

Joost Baker, managing director, said: “At least 20% of our drivers are ex-forces, who often enter the industry with little or no experience of civilian employment, but we believe they are worth the time and investment.

“Last year we visited a squadron to deliver driver training and on the back of this we employed a driver. He had very little road experience driving an articulated vehicle so with a bit of training he now has a successful career within the industry.”

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Dunmow Broadcast visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Dunmow Broadcast staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Dunmow Broadcast account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More news stories

Thu, 15:31

Officers are appealing for information after a woman reported being assaulted in Saffron Walden on May 18.

Thu, 11:40

No patients died as a result of winter ambulance delays, analysis has said - but three people did suffer severe harm.

Thu, 09:52

An application to build 20 homes in Takeley, separated “just 20 metres” from Hatfield Forest has been granted, despite the National Trust saying the number of visitors is already “unsustainable” and that further development close to the forest could damage the ancient woodland.

Thu, 08:50

A 19-year-old man suspected of terrorism offences has been arrested in Bishop’s Stortford.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Dunmow Broadcast e-edition E-edition

Most read stories

Newsletter Sign Up

Dunmow Broadcast weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter